Leadership Positions for the 2017-2018 Year
Are you interested in taking a Leadership role in WIT, the premier professional organization for women in the technology industry? Women in Technology operates on a fiscal year from July 1 - June 30th and terms range between one and two years in length (depending on the position).
WIT has opened nominations for the following open roles and leadership positions for the 2017-2018 year:
Positions - to be filled immediately
- Communications Committee, Vice Chair, Programs Liaison
- Communications Committee, Vice Chair, Website
- Job Fair, Vice Chair
- Nominating Committee, Vice Chair
- Membership Committee, Chair
Leadership Positions – (effective July 1, 2017)
- Board Member at Large, Special Events
- Board Member at Large, Member Development
- Board Member, Communications Chair
Application Deadline is May 3rd.
More information is available on the Nominating page on the WIT Website.
Cyber Resolve Executive Workshop – Special Discount Code
The WIT Cyber Security & Technology SIG is pleased to invite you to attend Cyber Resolve: A Workshop for Boards and Executives.
Members and Sponsors of WIT are invited to use the Promotional Code WIT to save $500 on registration.
Hosted by CyberVista, the event is designed to empower directors and executives to make cybersecurity-related decisions for their organizations by detailing actionable steps that promote cyber resiliency.
Unlike other programs, Cyber Resolve is built with executive priorities and perspectives in mind. The dynamic workshop uses a cyber governance framework to help senior leadership assess cyber risk, monitor the effectiveness of cyber-related controls, and react to crises when they occur.
Attendees will include a mix of CEOs, CFOs, General Counsels, CISOs and Board Directors. Roughly 50 leaders are expected and intimate size is intentional; the curriculum is best learned with a highly engaged audience.
Date: May 1, 2017
Location: Westin New York at Times Square
270 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036
RESERVE YOUR SEAT
For more on Cyber Vista's Cyber Resolve seminar, please click here.
Take your Cybersecurity Career to the Next Level!
If you're looking to build a strong career in Information Security, a CISSP certification is a must. To put the CISSP within reach, WIT is partnering with CyberVista* to offer 15 scholarships to an intensive, personalized CISSP test-preparation training course.
Members of WIT and employees of WIT-sponsoring companies are invited to apply for one of the 15 scholarships, each valued at $3995, offered through this program.
Designed with world-class learning science, CyberVista’s innovative test preparation course ensures you have the skills, knowledge, and confidence required to pass your cybersecurity certification tests and excel. Led by (ISC)2 authorized and CISSP-certified instructors with an average of more than 10 years’ experience, you’ll enjoy the structure, delivery, and convenience of CyberVista’s 12-week, part-time, live online CISSP training course as you prepare to earn the gold standard in information security certifications.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must meet these qualifications:
- Be a member of Women in Technology or an employee of a WIT-sponsoring organization in the Washington, D.C./Maryland/Virginia metro region. (Applicants may join Women in Technology in order to qualify for application.)
- Be able to meet the (ISC)² requirements for either full CISSP certification or Associate of (ISC)² Membership. Information on the requirements is available at How to Certify.
- Be committed to completing the entire 12-week course and planning to sit for the CISSP exam within six months.
- Be willing to share a success story.
The deadline for submitting a completed application is May 8, 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by the first week of June and must be prepared to begin the course on one of the following course initiation dates:
- June 8
- June 20
- July 5
- July 20
To apply for the scholarship, go to Application Form.
Borderless Cyber USA: Changing the Economics of Computer Network Defense
New York City
U.S. Customs House (financial district)
Early Bird Rate: $395 [Before April 28, 2017]
Corporate Rate: $495 [After April 28, 2017]
Use the Discount Code WIT to save $100 on corporate rate registration fees. Special government and academic rates are also available.
For more information or to register, please visit http://us17.borderlesscyber.org
Girls in Technology Committee is in Search of Volunteers to Support the Following Programs:
Sharing Our Success (SOS) Program
• Responsible for recruiting companies to provide STEM demonstrations at the events.
• Responsible for demo vendor communications and logistics.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for students, parents, and school inquiries.
• Responsible post-event communications to students, parent, and schools.
Mentor Liaison - MD Mentor Protégé Program
• Contact previous year's mentors to encourage their participation in the 2016/2017 Mentor Protégé program.
• Solicit new mentors through social media channels, WIT Newsletter, and WIT's Young Professionals Group.
• Manage the mentor on boarding process including orientation and background checks.
Student Liaison - MD Mentor Protégé Program
• Execute email and phone campaign to schools in Maryland using GIT's database to recruit participants.
• Manage the participant application process and serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries from students, parents, and schools.
If you are interested in learning more about these positions, contact Dena Strange at email@example.com
Attention: WIT Mentors or Proteges!
Have you been a WIT Mentor or Protege in the Past? If so, please contact our Mentorship Committee Chair, Belinda Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs Committee Request for Volunteers
The WIT Programs Committee is looking for a few great women who want to pay it forward with their creative, technical, and marketing skills while also adding to their professional knowledge and personal network. Contact Program Chair Irene Lane, Irene@Greenloons.com for more information on current needs.