Sponsorship & Partners
Mission and Overview:
To enhance the promotion of Women in Technology through obtaining corporate sponsorships to support WIT. Attract new sponsors and sustain support from existing sponsors. Promote our sponsors to WIT members through speaking and presentation opportunities.
The Sponsorship committee is responsible for establishing a sponsorship program for WIT; defining the levels of sponsorship associated with the amount of donations; and developing, approaching, and getting both sustaining sponsors and Special Event sponsors for WIT.
Sponsors are critical to WIT, as a significant portion of the funding and resources for WIT’s many programs are derived from Sponsorships. The Sponsorship Committee is a dynamic team which is responsible for maintaining the relationship with our current sponsors and developing new sponsors. The key responsibilities of this committee are:
Relationship Management with Current Sponsors:
- Facilitates involvement of Sponsors as active WIT members, speakers, hosts of special events, and underwriters of key programs
- Sends regular emails to Sponsors communicating upcoming key events and programs
- Serves as liaison to our Sponsors for other WIT committees – Job Fair, Meet the Company, Leadership Awards, etc.
- Hosts periodic webinar to keep Sponsors in touch with WIT
- Coordinates attendance of Sponsors at WIT Holiday Party as a Sponsor Appreciation event
- Oversees the sponsor renewal process
Development of New Sponsors:
- Handles inquiries from prospective companies; with a conference call, meeting at their location and/or invitation to attend a WIT event
- Launches periodic initiatives to recruit new sponsors
- Attends Meet the Company events and the Job Fair to recruit new Sponsors
- Monitors and tracks prospect list
- A sales or business development background is not required for this role, but committee members do need to be comfortable calling key company contacts and promoting WIT in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Meeting Time and Location:
Once a month via conference call; dates and time determined by the committee.
Committee Volunteering Opportunities:
Need people to assist with organizing special sponsor appreciation nights for networking of sponsors, coordinate the sponsor job fairs, contact potential new sponsors, and nurture our current champions.
For more information please contact:
Board Member and Chair, Sponsorship & Strategic Partners Committee
Vice Chair, Sponsorship & Strategic Partners Committee
Vice Chair for Special Events
Mission and Overview:
Forge long-term relationships with professional and community organizations that share WIT’s values by collectively promoting the advancement of women in the technology industries.
Capitalize on these alliances by connecting WIT committees with strategic partners to help foster WIT values in membership, networking, and professional development.
For more information, please contact:
A. Michelle Smalls
Vice Chair, Strategic Alliances
Vice Co-Chair, Strategic Alliances