Women in Technology (WIT) is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of advancing women in technology - from the classroom to the boardroom - by providing advocacy, leadership development, networking, mentoring and technology education. With nearly 1000 members in the Washington, D.C.-area, WIT strives to meet its vision of being the premier organization empowering women to be architects of change in the technology industry.
Advance women in technology from the classroom to the boardroom by providing advocacy, leadership development, networking, mentoring and technology education.
Women in Technology (WIT) is the premier organization empowering women to be architects of change in the technology industry.
Achieving WIT's Mission & Vision
- Monthly programs (WIT.Connect) on a variety of topics with a diverse array of speakers. Each program has a networking and educational component.
- Five Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to address audience-specific issues—Executive Women, Women Business Owners, Technology, Sales & Marketing and Young Professionals.
- Member networking luncheons at a variety of locations around the DC Metro Region.
- Girls in Technology (GIT), which provides support for and encourages young women's interest in technology and related careers.
- Thirteen committees with many opportunities for you to get involved, share your experience, and develop new skills.
- "Women Mentoring Women." This formally structured Mentor/Protégé Program provides for a member protégé to obtain advice from a senior member of WIT. The program also provides professional presentations from key speakers on protégé-selected topics and networking among all participants.
- Annual Leadership Awards Banquet, recognizing women in technology organizations or affiliated organizations for their outstanding leadership and accomplishments in the areas of mentoring, entrepreneurship, and technology.
- Special events facilitate networking and draw attention to WIT and/or the technology industry.
- WIT.Wire twice monthly keeps our members informed on the latest news and events via an electronic newsletter.
- Access to the job listings and post openings in our member's only job bank.
Membership in WIT is an Investment in Your Success! Individual membership is only $115 per year or $200 for two years.
Corporate sponsorship and newsletter advertisement opportunities are also available. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-1153.